Responsibilities & Duties
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, you will take full ownership of a variety of key financial accounting tasks including:
- Responsible for supporting key asset accounting activities including but not limited to capitalisation, revaluation and disposal of fixed assets, maintenance of the fixed asset register and asset reporting.
- Responsible for carrying out physical verification of assets and outcomes of the verification to be reconciled to the accounting records.
- Responsible for performing General Ledger reconciliations and taking responsibility for assigned balance sheet accounts. In addition, identify potential impacts and implications of all areas affecting assigned balanced sheet accounts.
- Conduct monthly review of Cost centre expenses including transactions, review Purchase orders and Capital expenses – Capex and Related Depreciation with rolling forecasts for budget reviews.
- Drive business compliance with policies, procedures, accounting standards
- Support compliance with statutory & regulatory requirements with submission of relevant taxes and returns in a timely manner, with accuracy. This role extends to operations in Tonga & Vanuatu territories.
- Liaise with both Internal and External Auditors and Tax Consultants regarding reviews of accounts and processes, as well as action recommendations as identified.
Qualification experiences & Experience
To be successful you will demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting standards, both technical and practical implementation with at least three years proven experience where you have gained exposure to statutory reporting and financial accounting activities.
You will also demonstrate excellent skills in the following areas:
- Solid understanding of fixed asset standards, accounting controls, operational and business change initiatives
- A University Degree in Finance, Accounting or Commerce.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word as well as strong understanding of Finance ERP Systems.
- At least 3 years’ experience, ideally in a FMCG environment preferably with fixed asset experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to ensure your work is delivered on time and to required standards.
- Highest attention to detail, the ability to work effectively both collaboratively and independently and agility to meet demands of an evolving business environment.
- The ability to confidently communicate financial information with a range of internal (local and overseas) and external (external audit, suppliers) stakeholders
- A good understanding of Financial Accounting reporting and Month End Processes.
- Must be a team player who is able to work under minimum supervision.
Written applications with details of qualifications, relevant experience, referees and telephone contact should reach the address given below by 5.00pm on Wednesday 14th July 2021, emailed to FIJI.HR@ccamatil.com OR apply online below:
Human Resources Manager
Coca-Cola Amatil (Fiji) Ltd
Private Mail Bag
LAUCALA BEACH ESTATE